1. I placed an online order for the iphone 12 pro max on 18 June 2021 and recontracted my line. One of the online exclusive for the delivery option was the free 24 months 1GB sim card.
2. I had set the delivery date to 20 June 2021, 2-4pm.
3. During the day of delivery, the delivery guy told message me that he can deliver by 12pm because he was near my area for some delivery.
4. I agreed and asked him to confirm if the complimentary 1GB sim card was in the delivery. He then confirmed that there is none and asked me to call customer service.
5. I called customer service 1633. The staff that i had spoken to confirmed that it should come with the free sim card and said their customer service will get back to me.
6. On 22 June 2021, the customer service guy got back to me and said the sim card will be delivered in 2-3 working days.
7. On 23 June 2021, the customer service guy called again and told me to reschedule the appointment, this was impossible because on the app, there was no appointment that can be “rescheduled” in the first place. I called them back and he directed me to another department. When the called was transferred to another department, they said they are not in charge of it and hung up on me.
8. The next day, 24 June 2021, this is the best part. The customer service guy by the name of Mike called me. To cut the story short, starhub tried to pin the problem on me and said I removed the free 24 months 1GB sim card before pressing submit, which was a blasphemy because it’s a BLATANT LIE since I made sure to double check everything before pressing submit. They think I’m like those naive customers that are easy to deceive. Luckily I made sure to screenshot the page to prove that there was indeed the sim card in the cart before pressing submit. And this screenshot was the one I sent to starhub when they requested for it when I called them on 22 June 2021. When I denied and made my point across, he said they’ll “investigate” again. lmao.
9. It did raise my blood pressure experiencing starhub’s deceit firsthand. I’m starting to question if "integrity" is part of starhub policy. This is the second time starhub tricked me. Back in 2019, I also recontracted because of starhub’s free gift clickbait. Back then it was a free earbud which I also didn’t get. Should’ve learned my lesson. There won’t be a third time though. Meaning if the outcome of this dispute is unfair, it just proves that starhub has no integrity since they’re so creative with these free gift baits that customers will never get, and finding ways to evade responsibility when customers complain. That being said, if starhub continues to treat me like a pushover, I will no longer renew my contract with starhub once it is up.
I am very much frustrated with my experience. Why starhub is advertising free gifts but need to go thru all these just to have it. I feel like this is similar to a scam. On the website now, the free sim card is still there as a delivery benefit. I wonder how many more customers will be cheated. Does this warrant me to complain to CASE or IMDB. I am very much willing. I may need to get advise also from other people who can advise me.
I also came across other customers that experienced similar issues with starhub in the recent few months (Just may this year):